Welcome to Butterfly BalloonsAfter piloting Cappadocia Balloon flights for many years with different operators, we decided to set up our own 'dream' boutique company and began flying as Butterfly in May 2010. Since then we have flown thousands of guests and made many good friends – thank you to all of those who have helped make our adventure a great success, and what fun we have had!
In less than 2 years Butterfly became number 1 on numerous travel forums, recommended by many guide books including Lonely Planet and, the first choice of Rick Steves in the USA. Thank you to all our new-found friends on whose praise we are riding high. We focus on your individuality and our exclusiveness, mix it with fun and adventure and, we give you the flight of a lifetime over the stunning landscape of Cappadocia.
Click here for further information about Butterfly Balloons
What does Rick Steves say about us"With a dozen people in our basket and the capable captain Mustafa at the helm, we enjoy a dreamy glide. Halfway through, our captain tosses Super Ted from the balloon. Mustafa learned to fly a balloon in 2005 in Albuquerque and I felt perfectly safe with Butterfly Balloons."
Click here for videos of Rick's Cappadocia Balloon Flight.
We have no association with any agencies in Istanbul. Please make all booking's online or within Goreme
- Butterfly Balloons
How can I book a Cappadocia Balloon flight?
We offer two types of flight; Butterfly Flight and Butterfly Beyond. The main differences are the duration of the flight and the number of people in the basket.
We do not operate the Beyond Flight from 18th October to 31st March due to unsuitable weather conditions
|Butterfly Flight||Butterfly Beyond Flight|
|Flight Duration||Minimum 1 hour||Minimum 1,5 hour|
|Number of People||12 to 20 people||6 to 12 people|
|Ground Transportation||Included with private minibuses||Included with private minibuses|
|Insurance||30+ Million Euro||30+ Million Euro|
|Breakfast||Included before the flight||Included before the flight|
|Landing Party||After the flight with champagne||After the flight with champagne|
|Rate||175 Euro per person (10 Euro cash discount)||250 Euro per person (20 Euro cash discount)|
|Child Discount||%50 discount (6 to 12 years old)||%50 discount (6 to 12 years old)|
|Book Now||Book Now|
Why Butterfly Balloons?
- We care about personal space and comfort; flying below full capacity in our baskets, we take a maximum of 10, 12, or 20 guests.
- All our equipment is new and custom-made for us at Cameron Balloons in the UK and Ultramagic in Spain; Butterfly Balloons do not fly second hand or sponsored balloons.
- Each day we choose the take-off site dependant on the wind direction to ensure the best and most enjoyable flight path for us all.
- We fly once a day; around sunrise which offers the most favourable weather and do not operate second flights in inferior weather conditions.
- We guarantee minimums of one hour + of flying time for the Butterfly Flight and one and a half hours + for the Beyond Flight. We do not land early unless your pilot believes there to be deterioration in the weather.